We are currently seeking a Lead Game Developer to join us here at Studio POWWOW. Please see below for more information and get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lead Game Developer
Studio POWWOW creates, develops and produces entertainment brands and games across multiple platforms by creating transmedia storyworlds that live on tablet, mobile, web and TV.
Currently in development of its first major transmedia entertainment IP ‘The World of ShipAntics,’ POWWOW is looking for an experienced and highly motivated lead game developer to join the team to work exclusively on our first product for the brand, which is an animated comedy adventure game for iOS, Android, PC, and Mac.
Working in a busy, creative, start-up environment, the selected candidate will have an extensive knowledge of the following languages:
- AS 3.0
- Objective C
- Create innovative and engaging designs and prototype docs
- Quickly and effectively prototype new game ideas and features
- Architect and implement in-game and game-framework features and tools
- Communicate game design with rest of the team
- Provide and receive critique with suggestions and solutions for improvement to game architecture and design.
- Work with other team members to create work schedules, hit development milestones, product features and release dates
- Keep abreast of industry trends including: new games, genres, game design methods, emerging platforms and technologies, monetization strategies
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent
- 3+ year professional development experience
- Excellent software engineering practices
- Experience architecting, implementing and tuning game systems and frameworks
- Can collaborate and iterate on ideas with designers and artists
- Has shipped one or more titles
- Deep knowledge of the following languages AS3, C++
- Good understanding of the following languages Objective C, JAVA
- Experience in 3rd party game frameworks such as Unity, Adobe AIR, Cocoas2d/x, Corona etc…
- Experience working on multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Facebook, PC)
- A deep knowledge of games and a passion for game development
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
A strong emphasis on game design and experience in project management and 3rd party game frameworks such as Unity or Adobe AIR essential.
Applications to be sent to email@example.com